Saturday, November 17, 2012

Left Rudder!

Today was a great day for taking to the skies. Unfortunately my favorite plane was booked except for 1 1/2 hours this morning. I snagged that time but had to stay in the pattern because I had to get the plane back by 11:00 fueled.

This was my first time doing everything without anyone beside me. For my solo a few weeks ago, my CFI had to go up and be with me for a few touch and goes before I kicked her out. But today I did it all alone. Pre-flight, calling ground, calling the tower, taxi, run-up, and take-off! It's amazing how much slower you go when your back up security blanket isn't there to remind you to do something!

For example all of my landings felt tippy to the right. Left rudder you idiot! I finally figured this out during my debriefing. But all of my landings were still ok, not perfect like I hope for, but thats ok, it's a learning lesson I won't forget! I've been told that after about 2,000 landings I should be fine. Haha! By then who knows what I'll be flying or where.

Glorious day even if I stayed in the pattern. And a busy one! Had to watch for quite a bit of traffic and got switched from 17R to 17L. Touch and go 3 times:-)

All in all a great day! The best thing....the pilots using my plane both before and after me were females. One a teenager and the other in her late 40's. It's great to see females starting to rock the aviation world!

No comments:

Post a Comment